Some very exciting news this week, the lovely Mrs Choux at http://boxofrecipes.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for The Liebster Award. It is such an honour and so exciting to be nominated, even more so by such an epic and well known blogger. Speechless is definitely a term to be used and I’m just so excited that people actually enjoy and read my blog!
So without further ado here are the rules:
1. THANK THE BLOGGER WHO NOMINATED YOU
One of the very first food blogs I started following was Mrs Choux. She managed to have a fantastic mixture of recipes, sweet, savory, food tips, the list is endless. Please check her out at http://boxofrecipes.wordpress.com/ the fact the nomination was from her is super exciting so-THANK YOU!
2. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS GIVEN BY THE PERSON WHO NOMINATED YOU
1. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Coming from rainy rainy England I would love to visit somewhere in Africa. Ghana is definitely on my wish list. The style of food is so different but yet so interesting.
2. Name one wardrobe essential.
Black skinny jeans. So boring but have save me on so many social occasions.
3. Which one thing would make this world a better place?
For people to kind to people they don’t know for no reason (and tighter gun control)
4. What’s your favourite holiday?
Last summer my brother got married on a Greek island. The whole week with all of my family and friends in the sunshine to celebrate such a joyous event was simply perfect.
5. Stones or Beatles: Which do you prefer?
My dad is so loyal to the Beatles, I couldn’t let him down!
6. Starter or dessert: which would you choose?
I used to be a total sweet tooth and would pick desert every time, but now you know I think I could be persuaded to pick a good starter…
7. What is your favourite memory?
8. What’s a good remedy for a sore throat?
The classic hot-toddy. Hot water, lemon, honey and whiskey. It never fails.
9. Name the three herbs/spices you can’t live without.
This is a super tricky question and the answer will change daily. Chilli, Italian herbs (is that a cheat?!) and cumin.
10. Which do you think is the most versatile fruit?
Apple, perfect as a snack, dessert, in savory dishes..
11. Cinnamon or vanilla: which flavour rocks?
More of a vanilla kinda gal.
3. KEEP THE BALL ROLLING AND NOMINATE 11 NEW BLOGS WITH 500 FOLLOWERS OR LESS
Picking other blogs was the tricky bit, as there is such a diverse range and calibre. However, I have tried to pick other new and smaller blogs that are doing amazing things. So here goes:
Keep Calm and Eat on http://debjanidass.wordpress.com/
British Blokes Cooking http://britishblokescooking.wordpress.com/
I Need a Feed http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/41551360/
Hello Apron http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/45166522/
4. POST 11 QUESTIONS FOR YOUR NOMINEES TO ANSWER
1) Which flavor of ice-cream do you prefer?
2) What is your favorite season and why?
3) If you could be any animal which one would you prefer to be and why?
4) What is your favorite meal to make-why?
5) Can you change a tire?
6) Sweet or savory?
7) Spending time in a spa or playing sport?
8) What is the longest car trip you have ever taken?
9) What is your ideal breakfast?
10) Have you ever won anything? If so, what did you win?
11) Why blogging?
5. TAG YOUR NOMINEES AND BE SURE TO LET THEM KNOW THEY’VE BEEN NOMINATED